2021 CAWG Encampment Information
Here is some important information and this page will be updated as soon as they become available. Please keep checking back for any updated information...
Click here for 2021 CAWG Encampment Covid Information
- Registration Website: Encampment Registration
- Registration Deadline: June 18, 2021
- Where: Camp San Luis Obispo, CA
- When: 29 June - 6 July 2021
- Cost: $300
- Commander: Maj Tim Albert
- Contact: email@example.com
- Student Registration Opening – Saturday, May 22, 2021
Encampment Student Pre-Requisites:
- Current Cadet Member of Civil Air Patrol in good standing
- Completion of Achievement 1 (must be completed by 18 June 2021)
- Signed permission from Parent (or Guardian) and Squadron Commander on CAP Form 60-81
Priority Registration or How To Be Guaranteed a Placement!
Three tiers for priority student placement will be used:
- Priority 1 will be Cadet Officers that have received COVID waivers for their Encampment promotion requirement.
- Priority 2 will be 18 year old C/CMSgt or C/SMSgt followed by 17 year old C/CMSgt or C/SMSgt followed by 16 year old C/CMSgt or C/SMSgt.
- Priority 3 will be in order that registration was received up to the maximum of 120 students
CADETS APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
If you require a scholarship for Encampment we suggest you first apply through the Cadet Encampment Assistance Program (CEAP) by clicking here. CEAP scholarships only available until May 29. Other scholarships are also available such as the Lt Col Tony Upton Scholarship provided by California Wing or through the Cadet Character & Leadership Foundation (CCLF). Check out www.cawgcadets.org for information on how to apply.
If you are registering for Encampment with a scholarship please apply for the scholarship first!
Then, email the Encampment Finance Officer (Paula.Urbom-Shope@cawgcap.org) and provide your name and the scholarship you have applied for.
If you are a CEAP scholarship cadet and you fail to notify the Encampment that you will not attend by 21 June 2021 you will receive a bill for 50% of the cost of Encampment.
Required Encampment Forms:
ALL Members: Must complete the CSLO Liability Waiver, CAPF 60-81, CAPF160, and CAPF161.
Cadets Under 18: In addition to the “All” items, must complete a CAPF163.
- Request for refunds on or before 18 June 2021 are subject to a full refund less a $10 processing fee.
- Requests for refunds between 19 June to 25 June are subject to half refunds (as items will have already been purchased on their behalf)
- No refunds will be given to participants who withdraw after 25 June 2021 (except for extenuating circumstances as reviewed by the Finance Officer and Deputy Commander of Support).
- No refund will be given to:
- Participants who fail to report on opening day.
- Participants who are sent home during encampment for reasons other than medical.
All requests for refunds must be in writing (email preferred) to the Encampment Finance Officer (Paula.Urbom-Shope@cawgcap.org). All refunds will be processed within the four weeks following the end of Encampment.
Important to pack or bring all required items on the Encampment Packing List
After your registration is processed you will receive an Acceptance Packet via email; that packet will include the Encampment Packing List. Failure to bring all required items from that lists may limit your ability to fully participate in all Encampment activities. Missing required items will be purchased and supplied to the participant and parents will be billed at cost plus 10%.
It is important:
all personal items be marked with an indelible pen/marker with the participants CAP ID number or name.
Prior to encampment, it is critical participant’s boots are properly “broken in” and will last the entire encampment period to less the likelihood foot problems prevent the participant from participating.
It is strongly encouraged all participants arrive with two (2) complete Airman Battle Dress (ABUs) uniforms as it is very difficult to do laundry during the encampment as the days are all fully scheduled with very little down time.
Participants are expected to arrive with a haircut that complies with uniform regulations. Non-compliance will result in the participant getting a hair cut during In-Processing and the participant is expected to pay the cost of the hair cut. Please consult your unit Commander if you are unsure if your hair cut is regulation compliant.
In order to register, you will need the following items completed prior to starting the process. You will not be able to save your work and return. It must be done all at once.
- Know your registration fee category (e.g., Student, Cadre or Staff).
- Know your registration passcode (if you are a staff/cadre member).
- Know your discount code (if you are receiving a scholarship).
- Have your required forms completed, signed and ready to upload (see above).
- Have a credit/debit card ready or authorization code issued by Encampment.
- Expect a confirmation email after registering. If you do not receive one, check your spam folder.
Do not start the registration process if you do not have your Squadron Commander signature on the CAPF 60-81